[OM] Paul's PAW - one more for last week

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - one more for last week
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 11:40:59 -0500
Produced a concert last night with former American Idol finalist Casey
Abrams last night.

Truly an amazing show.  Casey is also one of the most genuinely nicest guys
I've met doing this.  He has an innate ability to connect with an audience
in a way I rarely see - everyone thanked me as they were walking out.

At one point he asked my lighting tech to turn the stage lights down really
low so that the stage and room lights were "more equal".  Then he pulled
out his iPhone and used the flashlight app to illuminate his face while he
sang a particularly poignant song.

I really love how low this E-M5 will go... this shot was with the OM
50-/1.2 opened all the way up.  The shot actually looks brighter than the
scene was - now that I've had some sleep, I may go back tonight and tweak
the exposure and see if I can get it closer to reality.

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard