Re: [OM] (Very OT) Rental Car Insurance, UK style

Subject: Re: [OM] (Very OT) Rental Car Insurance, UK style
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 19:31:51 -0400
Went there. Good information. And they are very clear about coverage of tyres,
glass, roofs and undercarriages. Apparently this is a stealth insurance car
rental companies have opted for to pry a few extra bucks out of customers.

I don't have Amex, but when time permits (tomorrow?) I plan to call the VISA
benefit administrator and get the complete rundown on VISA's version of the
insurance. It would make sense to rely on that if it's, ah, reliable, because
if you dispute the rental company's charges, the company can wind up being
docked for the amount of the rental, with no recourse. From talking to many
merchants I know the credit card companies are relentlessly pro-customer when
it comes to disputes.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal