[OM] More from NYC

Subject: [OM] More from NYC
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 13:14:57 -0400
Okay, probably the last of the New York City shots from the first of this month
(June).

You can go here and get the whole TOPE gallery, new shots and old.

Or, links to just the new, with a little narrative to accompany.

Encountered this family early morning, Sunday, June 2. Pay no attention to the
time and date in the exif. I screw up during setup, Since been rectified, I
hope. The dog seemed unconcerned about photographers, which is a good thing,
because I was probably just a little short of a mouthful for him. The little
girl is just, well, too cute.

It became apparent while we were there that at tourist spots at least, even
native New Yorkers were not shy about asking strangers to take their pictures.
And, of course, predatory photographers like to take pictures of people taking
pictures.

I believe he was asking her, but I'm not sure. In the immediate aftermath of
this moment, he turned toward me and started walking, and she turned back to
her phone. Neither looked or headed in the direction they had just been
pointing.

Another in the two-shot Point series. This was shot on The Highline, and the
gentleman was pointing to something off the park.

What's a trip to NYC without trying a few architecture shots? This one went
HDR, which I know isn't everyone's cuppa, but I rather like it. Tanks atop
buildings are frequently the subject of New York art.

More of a traditional architecture shot. I'm partial to the colors in this one.
And the placement of the moon, which I had nothing to do with.

Señorita Alert!

This woman seemed worried about how to frame her shot.

Ah! Got it!

Professional shoot right around the corner from our brownstone. Lots of gear.
Three rental vans, portable generator, lights, cameras and people. At first I
thought it was a gaggle of rubber-neckers, but soon discovered it was the crew.
New Yorkers don't rubber neck this sort of thing. Never did get angles I liked,
but no one tried to stop me from taking pictures. The models aren't
particularly young, which leads me to believe this shoot was intended for an
upscale lifestyle publication of some sort.

I particularly like this one because while the blond saw me, the brunette is
having one of those unguarded moments.

My personal favorite view while on The Highline. It was all I could do to keep
from stalking this woman. Well, if you were to see my outtakes, you might come
to the conclusion that I _did_ stalk her.

No clear view here. But senoritas nevertheless.

Very hot that day up on The Highline. Then we noticed it was late enough all
the food vendors were closed. Except for the gelato cart. There we found the
prettiest smile in New York. Okay, she got a little self-conscious when the
camera came up. I had to go all special effects on this one because it was so
noisy. I had deployed the flash, but it wouldn't fire. Didn't figure out until
later that the brim of my baseball cap was depressing it just enough to keep it
from firing. So this image has come up a _long, long_ way out of darkness.

Went back the next day, in better light, and captured her along with her
comrade. Alas, I didn't get the smile.

That's all, folks!

C&C always.

--Bob Whitmire