Re: [OM] Thunderstorm

Subject: Re: [OM] Thunderstorm
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:22:08 -0400
  Thanks for looking Chuck. The blanket was a gift from my sister. It is
made of some miracle synthetic fabric that is extremely light, very warm
and has a nice feel, so we dubbed it "The Magic Blanket". The lightning
protection was a bonus. The lighting was special that afternoon. As the
storm passed through, the light was coming from the back of the house but
was filtered by moderately heavy clouds. As for the Sabal Palms, we still
call them Palmettos as in "Palmetto State". By the way, today is Carolina
Day in which we celebrate the victory of the Battle of Sullivan's Island in
1776. The palmetto log played an important role, hence the State's
nickname. If you are interested, more can be read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sullivan%27s_Island

  I like the Anoles a lot as well. I used to catch them by the dozens when
I was a kid. The lady down the street had a house that was infested with
them. About once a month she would call my Mom and ask her to send me down
to catch them. I was all of seven at the time. I'd come out with a bag of
50 lizards that I would release in the woods. We still have the anoles and
the tree frogs in abundance. No sign of the Cuban variety yet, but I
imagine they will reach here eventually; all depends on how much cold they
can tolerate.

Charlie