Re: [OM] PC Back-up

Subject: Re: [OM] PC Back-up
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:59:40 +1200
Just to advise ... I finally got all the bits together plus 2 - 3 hours of more
or
less free time to set aside.

I managed to find an out-of-the-way spot for the 'toaster', and hooked up all
the cables. The WD 500GB drive fitted just like a bought one, to my
surprise.

It took a while to get the computer to agree that it actually had a new drive.
Plugs that were not pushed all the way home did not help.

Using Acronis True Image ( I downloaded an older version as
recommended by Jim Nichols) and started on the process.

First step was apparently to partition the new drive. It told me it would take
49 minutes, then 1 hr 39 minutes. I decided it was a lair.
The record of time elapsed was about half to one third actual.

To my utter amazement, when it said it had finished partitioning the drive, it
had actually cloned the whole thing.

Probably less than 2 hours.  Amazing.

So now I'm back in business, bothering people with letters like this one.

Brian Swale