Re: [OM] Happy Home

Subject: Re: [OM] Happy Home
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 21:40:33 -0700
On 6/25/2013 7:45 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> Moi? :-) :-)
>> Shirley Not Moose
> Don't you hate it when I loft this hanging slow pitch* right over the
> plate and then I don't let you swing at it?

You stopped Me?

Moi

* I pitched slow pitch softball for a two or three years when the rules had no
height limit for the pitch. It's really
hard for amateurs to do much with a ball with lots of backspin falling so
vertically that a strike may hit the back
point of the plate. :-)

Serious athletes can cream them, but no one in our league was that. Before one
game in Oakland started, a couple of
Warriors were messing around on the field. It was one of those double fields
where the outfields abut. There was an
extra high fence behind the plate of the far field to protect the houses
beyond. I watched Rick Barry put a slow pitch
softball over two fields and high over the high fence behind the plate of the
far one. Awesome!