Re: [OM] OT: Night war photography

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Night war photography
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 09:45:39 -0400
I recall scenes like that. In fact, it looks remarkably similar to the
landscape outside a portion of our perimeter at Phu Bai, with Hill 180 located
just a few hundred meters away. Fortunately, we held Hill 180, too, so Chuck
would have had a hard time inserting himself on the high ground.

There were a number of occasions when I was out on the line in the middle of
the night and scenes such as that one would erupt anywhere from a quarter-mile
to several miles away. Usually, however, they involved aircraft of various
descriptions, including the infamous Puff the Magic Dragon with Huey Cobras as
outriders.

Never could I have imagined feeling such sympathy for people who were doing
their dead level best to kill me.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal