Re: [OM] Just how good is the 21mm f2?

Subject: Re: [OM] Just how good is the 21mm f2?
From: iwert bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:08:25 +0200
Vick,

just to warn you, this is a very dangerous place to hang out. We'll tell
you the 21f2 is a fantastic lens (which it is, I own it and really like
it), but the 21 f3.5 is fantastic as well, when stopped down my copy is
slightly better even than the f2. But the f2 has close focussing correction
so gets more use in photography of architectural models.
Combined with the 7mm extension tube one can get great perspectives ;).
The 24 f2 is good as i heard (never owned it) but the 2.8 is the real
performer: compact size and very good. But as an architect I can only agree
on the 24 shift, which is as good as it gets (stopped down to f8/11 for
best performance) But my most favorite lens is the 35 shift with new multi
coating (serial above around 11X.XXX) which is very compact and the ideal
travel companion.
You haven't asked yet about other lenses, but there also is the 50/2, the
90/2 macro, the 80/4 and auto extension tube, the 100/2 and a lot of other
ones.

Don't come complain you suddenly have a stash of bodies and a little box
full of lenses (they are really small, except the 35-80 and big whites),
zuikoholism is a very fast developing addiction.

But to answer your question: the 21/2 is good, and if you don't need the
extra speed or close focus correction the 3.5 is as good.
24 shift is very good, and very expensive
a good 35shift is even better (seriously!) and very affordable.
18mm is also very good, but that hood (how to find it)

All from personal experience...

Iwert