[OM] Off-topic, Food

Subject: [OM] Off-topic, Food
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 12:10:00 -0600
In an attempt to save a dime here and there and to up the health
factor in my meals, I ventured down to the nearest "Whole Foods" and
picked up a small handful of items. Next stop was Wal-Mart to buy
other ingredients for 1/4 the price.

Items of note:
- Fresh organic red rasberries. Oh so good. My favorite fruit of all times.
- Green onions, garlic, ginger root and roma tomatoes
- Red cooking wine
- Lamb
- Mitica Cana de Cabra cheese

I went back to my long-stay hotel room and fired up the kitchenette
and made myself a WONDERFUL meal. A world-class meal with some of the
finest ingredients--all for the price of one Chinese Take-Out. Oh, and
left-overs today for lunch. (I did have other ingredients already in
the room).

I'm sure the smell of cooking onions, garlic, ginger and red wine
wafted heavily down the hallways. "Good!" I say. Better smelling than
the blue haze of that substance which happens to be legal here.

Those of you on FB would have seen the picture of it cooking. Let's
just say that it was very good.

Olympus content: Picture on FB was taken with the DMC-L1 with DZ 14-42 lens.

Side note on the cheese. It's a cheese that, to me, tastes much better
at room temperature or slightly warmer. Right under the mold, in the
rind area, it is nice and mild, but is generally a slightly sharp
cheese with good manners.

Moving into the apartment on Friday!!!

--
Ken Norton