Re: [OM] IMG: Weather Related

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Weather Related
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:57:33 -0600
> Many thanks!  I suspect that there are just too many buttons that can be
> unknowing pressed at the wrong time.  And, by today's standards, the E-1 is
> fairly simple.

As cameras get more complex, the less useful they seem to become.

One thing that drives me bonkers with the DMC-L1 is that it always
does a reset to the current custom memory every time time it is turned
on or awaken. That awakening bit is what really is nasty. For example,
let's say that you adjust the ISO or WB for a picture. You've got the
camera on a tripod and you're just waiting for the scene to be ready
for the picture. The camera goes to sleep. You tap the shutter release
to wake it back up and your ISO and WB adjustments are gone. It's cr*p
like that which makes you wonder if anybody actually tests cameras.

The E-1 is a very well sorted camera. Once in a while you encounter a
head-scratcher, but compared to the DMC-L1, it's perfect.

AG