Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT another to my list of questions
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 18:48:30 -0400
No tacos in Honduras or Guatemala except at Taco Bell and other USA fast
food places!  Lots of tortillas but they are usually soft, corn tortillas
eaten as bread with beans.  They taste nothing like Tostitos or Tacos!

My daughter is a Spanish professor at USC but I barely get along in the
present tense!

Tina

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:43 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 6/13/2013 2:02 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> > Come on! Is it s'posed to be 'tarcos' or summat.
> > Not round here it isn't.
> > And I'll bet we're not getting it right no matter how linguistically
> 'correct' we're trying to be.
> > (Apologies to any actual Hispanics on list - and Tina who would know).
>
> The average pronunciation hereabouts is pretty good -  as are the tacos.
>
> Tina may or may not know. Tacos are, or were, Mexican. Pronunciation of
> Spanish varies even within Mexico. Central
> American Spanish is slightly different, and the cadence, at lease in Costa
> Rica, is quite different.
>
> Having been married to a native speaker of Mexican Spanish, visited family
> there many times and done a lot of business
> trips there, I know how to pronounce most foods correctly. :-)
>
> My half Hispanic son speaks even less than I do.
>
> Mexico del Norte Moose
>
> --
> --

Tina Manley