Re: [OM] 35 million rolls of film sold in North America last year

Subject: Re: [OM] 35 million rolls of film sold in North America last year
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 09:32:58 -0500
For example, music company Korg manufactured a synthesizer-on-a-card called
Oasys a number of years ago.  Very powerful, and a lot of musicians still use
them.  I still have one that I occasionally use for sound effects for the
theatre.  Problem is, Korg discontinued it a few years back, which means that
software and driver development froze.

So, people who want to use it need to keep a box that runs 98se, or a G4 Mac
that runs 9.2 since the software and card driver absolutely will not run on
anything newer.  That's why there's still a G4 in my rack in my office/Studio
even though my main computer is a modern iMac running Mountain Lion.

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." -- David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard