Re: [OM] I love LR

Subject: Re: [OM] I love LR
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 09:21:06 -0500
On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm happy for you.
>
> Me, too. :-)

> What you have discovered is nothing new or unique. It's available in all
> sorts of editors and stand alone lens
> correction apps.
>
> Cool.  This is the first time I've ever started experimenting with more
advanced features.

> > While the right-hand edge still
> > leans a bit, I was able to straighten the left-hand edge almost totally
> > vertical.
>
> It's kind of hard to get extreme distortions right in that ACR/LR tool. In
> a more serious tool, in PS, much more may be
> done. <
> http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Braun/West_Tower_Defiant%20.htm>
>
>  Wow.  That last one kinda freaked me out - Almost didn't recognize it as
my photo!

> I often only partially correct the horizontals, to retain some of the
> drama and apparent height, as here.
> <
> http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Brooklyn/Things/Structures/slides/_MG_3299corcr.html
> >

> I like that one.

I'd really like to be able to play with my view camera, but with a digital
back.  Don't have a darkroom, and 4x5 film/processing is too expensive
anymore to just experiment with.  I've got a Graflok back for it - just
need Powerball and then I can have something built.  :-)

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard