[OM] Zuikofests are always about food

Subject: [OM] Zuikofests are always about food
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 20:53:47 -0500
Yes, let's admit it. We like to take a few pictures and gawk at each
others cameras, but the real reason we get together is food and drink.

So, I admit that I'm fresh off the farm and venturing forth into the
big city for the first time, but when I come across some place
exceptional, you know that I can't keep my trap shut.

www.pholeerestaurant.com

This is located over in the Denver Tech Center area (Greenwood
Village) and is a typical hole-in-the-wall place in a strip mall. But
oh, wow.  I mean OH WOW!!!!

This was the best Pho I've ever had. Period. Likely the best SE Asian
food I've ever had. It was a slow evening in there, so I was about
their only customer (one other table was just finishing up). I like my
food to be melt-your-face hot and spicy. They asked me if I'd be
willing to try something special that they serve themselves. Oh, sure!
So, I think I impressed them with my ability to tolerate spice/heat,
as they huddled around me to see if this pony-tailed, earring'd, tall,
sexy white guy was actually able to eat it.

As I said - Slow night.

I had plenty of snot running from my nose on this one, but man-o-man,
it was good.

Or, I should say "is good". I mistakenly ordered the "large" and that
was enough to feed 3 people, so I ate half and got the rest for lunch
tomorrow.

So, until I come across some place even better (I doubt it), I'm
thinking it would be awesome to have a Front-Range Zuikofest at some
place like this. Oh, and the prices are low.

Resuming regular programming now.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx