Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs

Subject: Re: [OM] OT PC backup programs
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 20:47:10 +0200

Chris,

you can get sata to ide adapters although I don't think it would be
worth it, if the laptop is ide and not sata then I doubt you will see
the enormous benefit and it is huge of using an SSD,

Now I did mention the hybrid drive before which is a hard disk with a
32GB SSD  drive built in, apple have bought these to the fore again with
their version but took it one stage further and also messed up by making
them proprietary, BTW thunderbolt is far superior to anything before it
but (usb FW or esata) who knows when it will make mainstream. You could
possibly use one of these with an adapter space permitting and it would
be a good investment should you replace your computer as you could move it.

as others have said I wouldn't use a cf card, I don't think you will see
much benefit.

You could try getting hold of a usb 3.0 card and then try using a usb
stick but again I don't recommend it, I have a nas4free box that boots
of an old usb stick but my advice is to spend the money on a newer
laptop or computer.

IanW