[OM] OM-40 / OM-PC problem

Subject: [OM] OM-40 / OM-PC problem
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 22:40:19 +0200
I've got two OM40 (=OM-PC) bodies here with problems, and I wonder what to
do with them.

Body 1 works OK in manual, but in Auto and P, the shutter opens, the mirror
flips up and then... nothing. Unless I remove the batteries and insert them
back in, then the mirrors flips back and the shutter closes.

Body 2 works OK, but the times in Auto and P seem way longer then in
manual. Around 1/60 and longer.

So, is there something I can do? I don't want to spend money on them. Or
should I discard these bodies, only getting some parts of them, like the
battery cover and maybe the focussing screens (weren't they 2-13 like?). Or
is another list member interested?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best, Frank.