Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Clematis

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Clematis
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 10:01:10 +1000
Sonnet to a Supra-orbital ridge

'How do I love thee? Let me grunt the ways
At day's end, around the sputtering firelight
As day in this  pre-teutonic vale takes flight, and
We flee to the sanctum of our stygian caves.
I love thee to the limits of my elongated arms.
Furry as they are, they cannot compare
To the soft and total cover of your hair
And your many other troglodytic charms.
The distance that I may hurl my flint-tipped spear
Is but a fleabite in contention to the passion
I felt when I had fallen in the fire and risen, ashen
To see your face with lowering look of fear.
Had I a soul then you would be it's mate
But souls are not invented yet so, be my fate!

Apologies to Elizabeth.

Andrew Fildes (Sunday morning, bored...)
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813