[OM] Chesnuts in France - horse and sweet - Chris

Subject: [OM] Chesnuts in France - horse and sweet - Chris
From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 22:19:39 +0200 (CEST)
 When I lived in France just about every boulevard was lined with horse
chestnut trees, with street vendors roasting them and selling them by the
bagful.  Wonderful snack that you simply will not find here.

Chris

If they told you theirs were horse chesnuts and you bit it, one of your legs is
longer a result :-)

We have Marons d'Inde (Horse Chestnut) on the Bds, and Chataignes (sweet
chestnut) for human consumption - I have a very old one of the latter in a
field my parents left me and can tell the difference ;-)

In conclusion, even if you can eat both, the outcome may be fairly significant

Edible : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chataigne
Toxic
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marron_d'Inde

Amitiés