Re: [OM] (Severely OT) DNA analysis

Subject: Re: [OM] (Severely OT) DNA analysis
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 09:01:31 -0400
I'd like to see it get more refined. The original reason I wanted to do this
(thanks for listening, Joan!) was because while my name is German, starting in
the middle 1700s there was a lot of watering down of original German traits due
to a lot of New World intermarrying with non-German populations. Not to mention
the maternal line itself.

So they sorta answered my question, with my strongest reference group being UK,
and second strongest being German. Seems the German was overwhelmed. But I have
to delve a little deeper and find out how the Irish got left out. My maternal
great-grandfather was 100% an Irishman. Seems like the Irish would have been a
reference population, too. Surely Nat Geo is not so ignorant as to include the
Irish in UK? Or maybe it was third, but they gave me only two.

--Bob Whitmire
3.9% Neanderthal and Proud of It!