[OM] IMG: Plumbing Parts

Subject: [OM] IMG: Plumbing Parts
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 16:10:59 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
One of the "joys" of owning an older home is the upkeep.  We built this home in
1967, so the plumbing is of that era.  Over the years, I have had to deal with
eroded valve seats, but could usually get parts.  Now, from my searches, no one
makes parts for older Eljer valves.  Hence, today's task:

A few times in past years, I have refurbished valve seats.  I found four old
ones in my stash of used parts, and set out to repeat the task.  The task can
be done with 400 and 600 wet or dry paper, and a lot of patience.  In this
image, one is finished, and I have three more to go.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/One+Done_+Three+to+Go.jpg.html

When I finally finished, I had three serviceable seats, and one emergency spare.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Refurbished+Valve+Seats.jpg.html

I'll let my plumber do the changeout.

E-1 and Leica 60mm Elmarit Macro

Comments and critiques welcomed.