Re: [OM] Some shots of spring in my yard

Subject: Re: [OM] Some shots of spring in my yard
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 07:27:20 -0400
This wasn't a problem with red per se; what I didn't understand was why
the difference between the camera's JPEG and the ACR conversion.  As it
turned out I was able to duplicate the camera's version in ACR with just
a small increase in red channel saturation.

As to backlit stuff, if the backlighting is very bright you either have
to let it get blown out or use a reflector or flash to reduce the
differential in foreground and background brightness.  The other
alternative *emphatically* explained to me by my photo mentor one day
when I was complaining about the bright sun is:  Take the photo
somewhere else!!  :-)

Chuck Norcutt