[OM] PS imbroglio--Creative cloud (CC) etc

Subject: [OM] PS imbroglio--Creative cloud (CC) etc
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 19:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
I stalled in upgrading CS5--should I do so now while I still can????? I
wasn't paying much attention and did not see this subcription model
coming.
Seems Adobe will support new cams with ACR in at least for awhile.
I thought perhaps just get the full next version with edu discount
which is less than 2 upgrades but not anymore. Did you see the
agreement?

http://macperformanceguide.com/blog/2013/20130508_1a-Adobe-legal-agreement.html

Seems they made their calculated decision on the financial model going
forward and that is that. New compelling features (except forcing one
to update ACR for new cams) are harder to come by in a mature product.
The CC motion blur tool, improved smart sharpen, and using ACR as a
filter are nice but likely not subscription price nice. Haruuumph. too
much time invested in the learning curve , actions, plug-ins etc.

Talk about rubbing salt in a wound--where did they get this VP?

Q&A with Adobe VP of Creative Solutions, Winston Hendrickson
Were you expecting such a negative response from the photographic
community?

"We expected a higher degree of this type of reaction from the hobbyist
photographic community because currently there's not a lot of
photography-specific value in our subscription products. That's why
we've taken the unusual steps of Tom Hogarty's appearance on The Grid
[a Scott Kelby webisode] showing potential Lightroom CC features and
the Photoshop Sneak Peek where we showed new features like Camera Shake
reduction."

Upgrading this weekend to CS6 while I can???? Mike