[OM] OT: Coronary Distress.

Subject: [OM] OT: Coronary Distress.
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 14:01:43 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     My brother had a pretty serious stroke two weeks ago, or rather a series
of strokes.  Four to be exact, plus three blood clots.  According to him, he's
more than just lucky to be alive.  The first stroke took place at home, and
when he realised it he drove himself to the hospital in Harrisgurg, about 20-25
miles.  The remaining three strokes happened while he was in the ER.  They gave
him some grief about driving there, but they also told him that if he hadn't
been there when they took place he very likely would not have survived, even if
he had been in an ambulance.

     That's an extremely close call.  He had little faith in the ambulance
service, which is why he drove himself to the hospital.  Just goes to show that
as a family we're pretty stubborn, and more often than not that's a good thing.

     So, being "too independent" isn't a bad thing after all.  It's a means of
survival.

Chris