Re: [OM] House in Magley #2

Subject: Re: [OM] House in Magley #2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:56:39 -0700
NO! Don't do it, Andrew!

I was just looking for time to comment on how Chris has, with the '6' moved
away from super high contrast, high key
images where the sky is almost always just white and deep shadows usually all
black to something that includes at least
most of the tones in the original scene. I very much like the change.

Take another look at the first flag. It is badly faded from long exposure to
sun and elements. That's part of the tale
of the image.

I suspect the same is true of the second, although it's harder to tell. A
little more midtone contrast wouldn't hurt
this one, but not overall. There's already small amounts of clipped white and
black.

Both are taken under overcast skies, which one can actually see, and so should
have softer contrast than if it were sunny.

Don't Stop Progress Moose