Re: [OM] The Joy of Backups

Subject: Re: [OM] The Joy of Backups
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 16:47:23 -0500
> But recall that cloud backup providers are profit making businesses like
> all other businesses.  If they don't make a profit you could well
> discover that they've gone off-line tomorrow and taken your data with
> them.  It would hardly be the first instance of data loss in the
> cloud... and not from technical considerations.

Yup. Exactly. That's why I try to take as much ownership and control
of my systems as possible. For one thing, you tend to avoid
proprietary nonsense and other issues. Especially legal issues where
the provider decides they're going to use your images without
compensation.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx