Re: [OM] New Mamiya 6 photo: Abandoned House awaiting demolition

Subject: Re: [OM] New Mamiya 6 photo: Abandoned House awaiting demolition
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:16:20 -0400
I have always rolled my eyes when meeting a "docent" at a site of some sort
because I think it's a pretentious appellation designed to bestow gravitas
where it is entirely possible none exists. "Guide" or "Staff" are perfectly
good words for most of the docents I've encountered. Now, if the guide is
particularly knowledgeable, as in, say, a retired professor of botany working
at a botanical garden, I would not mind the term so much. But then that's just
me. No offense intended for any docents on the list.

--Nodocent Bob