Re: [OM] New Mamiya 6 photo: Abandoned House awaiting demolition

Subject: Re: [OM] New Mamiya 6 photo: Abandoned House awaiting demolition
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:07:15 +1000
I've got a lot braver with that sort of thing more recently.
There are a few behaviours that might protect you.
1. Don't take a DSLR - use a beaten up (film) camera.
2. Carry your gear in a plastic bag.
3. Drive a beaten up old pick-up and then walking in.
4. Wear a large smile.
5. Looking old, hairy, harmless and slightly deranged doesn't hurt.
6. Anyone asks, tell them you like old houses. They'll think you're harmless
and slightly deranged.
I refuse to succumb to the mostly media generated climate of fear.
Yes some areas are more dangerous than others but it isn't Aleppo.
I've found that being friendly and respectful even to those who don't deserve
it will get you through most places safely.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com
Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813