[OM] Good Sun Rising - No CCR, just straight out of camera.

Subject: [OM] Good Sun Rising - No CCR, just straight out of camera.
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 20:30:48 -0500
OK, sorry, bad pun.

I took this photo Wednesday morning on the way to work. I had just
left home and the sun had just broke above the horizon. The high thin
clouds neutralized the brightness quite a bit. So, it was just a
matter of finding a subject to throw in front of it.

Not five minutes before, I placed the 300/4.5 in the camera bag, so I
quickly tossed it on the Panasonic DMC-L1, dialed in my Custom #1
setting and fired off a couple shots. I had pulled off onto a nasty
looking "Grade B" road and went past the "Rock Ends" sign (Joel knows
what I'm talking about). Down the hill was this old windmill standing
there. As the terrain was a bit hilly, I couldn't get the whole thing
where I wanted, but instead I got some really cool compositions. There
are other shots with the alignment perfect and so forth, but they just
didn't have the organic look that this one has. Besides, this is the
one which the bird did the best posing.

This posted shot is the in-camera JPEG (The DMC-L1 is configured for
RAW+JPEG) with a slight crop. No further adjustments.

I almost had to use 4WD to get out of there.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx