Re: [OM] "Panasonic’s Developed a Simple Sensor Tweak That Vastly Improv

Subject: Re: [OM] "Panasonic’s Developed a Simple Sensor Tweak That Vastly Improves Low Light Photography"
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 09:22:20 -0500
Is anybody else but me recognizing the smoke and mirrors aspect to
this development. Changing the method of color separation will achieve
some benefit, but filter, prism, defraction grating or tuned receptors
still only see the amount of light of the given color hitting that
particular sensel. A half-stop gain is pretty much nothing these days.
Improving fill-factor is the biggest gain.

I think the biggest improvement in technology specifications and
bandwidth will occur when we start incorporating analog technology.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx