Re: [OM] Do financial statements mislead?

Subject: Re: [OM] Do financial statements mislead?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 01:00:37 +1300
Chris B wrote

> I heard the former CEO of Olympus talk on the radio yesterday.  He has
> joined a whistleblower organisation, I gather, but he was talking about
> how difficult it was to get the company's management to own up to the
> fraud.
>
> Who's to say that the OM-D is as successful as Ken surmises?  It is
> popular with several members of this group, but is it so with the wider,
> less-discerning public?

I'm more inclined to think that Olympus USA is reaping the rewards for its
decades of miserable treatment of retailers and customers.
Not too may months ago one of us detailed how one large USA retailer had
no Olympus and had not stocked any for decades, due to the debacle with
migrating oil on the mirror magnets on the OM10.

A case of 'sow the wind and reap the whirlwind', in my opinion.
Or - 'chickens coming home to roost'.  Take your pick.

It's a real pity that loyal staff are the ones who pay, with their livelihood.

Brian Swale.