Re: [OM] speeling

Subject: Re: [OM] speeling
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 20:40:33 +1100
Yup - that's poor expression. The statement concerning correctness is in itself
ambiguous at least and almost certainly incorrect. And the form of error that
is forbidden is also unclear.  Even if stated in a more acceptable form such as
'The required standard of written English...', it is still vague as they do not
specifically demand correct syntax or spelling. They could mean 'politically
correct' for instance, or free of abuse and obscenity.  I suggest you inform
them immediately. Of course, they may shoot you. And whatever you do, don't
split an infinitive!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com