Re: [OM] In Memoriam

Subject: Re: [OM] In Memoriam
From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 08:35:51 -0700
My condolences Tina and Tom. If I remember correctly, that was one of your
first Mono images? Beautiful image.
Please think twice about putting your doggie outside. Racoons will tear up
a dog too; wild vs tame is not a fair fight, no matter the dog, IMO.
Perhaps electrification? When I grew up in GA, we were told to get some
blood from the butcher and pour it around the perimeter to keep the racoons
away. Probably not practical for a whole barn and I really don't know if it
worked...
At any rate, my heart goes out to you both; a tough situation to come home
to.
Best,
Bob

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PESO:
>
> Our wonderful barn cat, Rooster, did not recover from his injuries.  When
> we got back late last night, Roo was sleeping in the nest box in the
> chicken house, as usual, but did not get up to greet us.  I just thought he
> was sleeping too soundly.   This morning he was lying by the hay bales and
> it was obvious, in spite of the fact that he was purring loudly, that he
> was hurt.  I expect he had a run-in with the racoon that has been killing
> chickens lately.  We called the vet and got a cat carrier, but when we went
> back out to the chicken house, Roo was gone.  Tom thought that was a good
> sign, but he went back out later to look and found Roo dead in front of the
> guinea house.

> He was a good cat.  RIP, Rooster.
>
> Tina
>
> --