[OM] The legs are here! The legs are here! I'm somebody now!

Subject: [OM] The legs are here! The legs are here! I'm somebody now!
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:07:25 -0500
Except that I don't have a head for it yet...

But damn, this thing is light.  CF is a miracle material... I've seen it
used in racing cars forever, in fact, I've got an entire rear body clip
from one of the TWR IMSA Jaguars in my garage (was a gift from the team
- it was busted and being disposed of) that's made of Cf and aluminum
honeycomb composite and it's insanely light and strong as hell.

Was a bit disappointed, though - it had been listed on Amazon as "new"
from a 3rd-party vendor.  It wasn't new - came without a box, and the
tag on it was a camera-store tag that said, "USED".

However, it's extremely clean and only has a couple of minor nicks on
one of the magnesium parts, so I emailed the vendor with my findings,
and the vendor promptly offered to refund $30 of my purchase price.
Fair enough.  That's an extra $30 I have to apply to a solid head of
some sort.  Now, to venture to a store that actually stocks stuff so I
can see which tilt/pan or ball head I want to buy....

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard