Re: [OM] IMG: California people

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: California people
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:33:36 -0500
> I like this one as well.  Reminds me of our old hospital building where
> people would sit or stand right in front of the "This is a tobacco-free
> campus.  No smoking" signs, and smoke.
>
> Even better, the ones standing outside of the ER doors in their gowns,
> holding an IV pole, often with oxygen, also smoking.

Here is something that totally fries my goat:

1. Public lands or park.
2. Said public lands or park are under/un-utilized for the original
identified purpose. Example would be a hiking trail intended for
hiking. The hiking trail might get two people a month walking in it.
If that. Trail falls into disuse.
3. Mountain bikers discover trail and it becomes a popular spot.
Dozens of riders a day.
4. Trail maintenance finally being performed--by the riders.
5. Signs appear prohibiting mountain biking.
6. Trail falls back into disuse
7. Trail is closed because nobody is using it.

This is repeated thousands of times over. It's like skateboarders
taking over a park which is otherwise disused. Frankly, I consider
this a crime perpetrated against the non-voter. Kids can't vote, so we
pass these laws and ordinances affecting them knowing that they can't
fight back and vote the governing idiots out of office.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.  Dander moment!

"Sooo, how do you REALLY feel about it, Schnozz?"

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx