Re: [OM] Bought a Mamiya 6!

Subject: Re: [OM] Bought a Mamiya 6!
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:58:18 -0500
> Sure looks like 2-1/2 lbs to me.  :-)

About the same as the OM-3Ti with 35-80/2.8 zoom. Big hairy deal. I'm
carrying 40 extra pounds on my body. My hiking boots weigh more.

Considering that the "sensor" in the Mamiya 6 is like 20 gazillion
times larger than it is in the E-M5, I'd say that it's pretty
remarkable to me to have a camera-lens combo with a film/sensor size
that large which is still that light. Frankly, if size/weight is the
most important factor, then screw the cameras all together and just
use your iPhone.

Now that I've got a 4x5 enlarger, I've been stewing on the idea of
getting a Mamiya 7. Springtime, I know... But there is just something
about working with big honkin negs in the darkroom. I'd get another
4x5, but that's an entire logistical world unto itself. (but I'm not
opposed).

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx