Re: [OM] Slide scanning service, UK

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide scanning service, UK
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:32:37 +0000
On 18/03/2013 17:32, Piers Hemy wrote:
> I have two suggestions, Donald, neither of them back by direct experience
> (except of the firms offering the services, which is very positive for other
> services).
>
> Firstcall at
> http://www.firstcall-photographic.co.uk/information/10/processing-services
> will do 100-200 for 30p each
>
> Peak at http://www.peak-imaging.com/htmls/custom_scanning.htm will do 25+
> for £2.47 each
>
> That should give you a feel for the range (!), which might give you a feel
> for how to proceed in the direction suggested by Moose
>
> I think Firstcall will do a free sample scan or two, as their setup is
> rather odd - it's a modified Carousel projector fitted in front on a D7000
> DSLR.
>
> Piers

Thanks for that, Piers. I'd forgotten about Peak, they used to do all my
processing.

Just had a break in my reply, a Yellowhammer flew into the conservatory
glass, and I took it inside to recover, sitting on my finger in the
warm. Little bugger flew off eventually, but not before crapping on my
leg! Ungrateful bird!

I'll send off those two links, Peak always did good work with my film,
but they aren't cheap.

Thanks again, I'll go wash my trousers off..!

D.

--
http://www.skelpitheid.com/index.php