Re: [OM] IMGs: Sunday's Outing

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Sunday's Outing
From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:53:29 -0700
Thanks Joel.

It's an interesting flower in its own right: Trillium ovatum. Seeds are
dispersed by ants. Considered an endangered species in some States. Illegal to
pick as it takes a picked plant several years to recover and produce seeds
again. Fairly common in Western US coastal forests. I'm an expert because I
just looked all this up in Wikipedia! :-)

But simply a lovely small wildflower. I'm very glad you enjoyed the image.
Best,
Bob

Sent from my iPad