Re: [OM] (OM) OT Fresh (to your eyes) scan on Zone-10

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Fresh (to your eyes) scan on Zone-10
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 00:28:57 +1300
I wrote
> This is a scan of a 1968 Kodachrome. More details on the page.
> We were hunting Himalayan thar.

> I think the full scan is 3000 pixels wide ...
>
> I couldn't jump over that torrent now :-(

I just wanted to share one of my best shots from those years, and with the
1960's Contaflex. The two of us were very preoccupied with how we would
cross this very strong and dangerous stream. We had to cross it because
the route up on the right was totally blocked by huge rocks.  Nevertheless I
had the presence of mind to realise that a good composition was there, and
persuaded my friend Dave to pose for a moment while I held my camera
firmly on top of a boulder. Exposure would have been determined with a
Weston Master 3..

Maybe later I will scan some of the other shots from that trip - precipitous
slopes and a trophy or two. The slides are now 45 years old.

The place is very close to the main divide of the Southern Alps of New
Zealand - on the western side.

Brian Swale