Re: [OM] This is fun, and addictive.... more photos up

Subject: Re: [OM] This is fun, and addictive.... more photos up
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 09:01:12 -0500
> Never heard of him, so I just googled his company.  Looks very interesting.

He's the guy who created the Trident board. A totally opposite
approach to engineering than Neve. Neve approached it from an
electrical-engineering perspective, Toft approached it from a "make it
sound right" perspective. In the end, they came to almost the same
conclusions, but with a twist. Pure transparancy? Get a Neve board (or
AMEK). The Trident/Toft boards come with personality.

Olympus content: Trident/Toft is to mixing desks what Olympus is to
digital cameras.

> When I manage to get back out to L.A., I've got friends who own a studio
> with a large SSL in Studio A.  I would love to have 20 minutes with that
> board and the E-M5.

Oh, yes! Those big SSLs make awesome photo subjects. It's like indoor
landscape photography. Unfortunately, SSLs are pure disaster for those
of us with dyslexia.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx