Re: [OM] Turtlenecks

Subject: Re: [OM] Turtlenecks
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 06:49:01 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>Since you are a group of discriminating men, based on your camera choices,
>I am asking your advice on men's clothing.  My husband loves Structure
>turtlenecks.  He's still wearing his old ones full of holes. Structure went
>out of business, bought by Sears, and they no longer make turtlenecks.  The
>reason he likes Structure so much is that the necks don't stretch out of
>shape unlike Eddie Bauer and Lands End which stretch.  He wants a real
>turtleneck, not mock.
>
>Any suggestions?

     I like turtlenecks also, and a couple of mine have holes as they are
either difficult to find or very expensive.  The cotton ones from REI and Sears
seem to last well and are suitable for the average winter temperatures here,
but for really cold weather I have a pair of knit acrylic ones that I bought
decades ago from a mill outlet near Fayetteville (sp?, aka Fayette-Nam), North
Carolina.  The necks in those have yet to stretch out.

Chris