Re: [OM] (OM) OT Kiev-4

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Kiev-4
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 03:07:57 +1300
Rick wrote

> The KIEV is one of my favorite RF cameras. I have two - an early KIEV 4,
> and a "close to the original Contax" KIEV II; once described by an
> authority on German cameras as, "Not a Russian camera, but a German camera
> built in Russia." Great shooters, both of them.
>
> BTW, how could you go wrong with a Zeiss Ikon clone for $100?

I need to get my feet back on the ground and touch base with reality; thanks
all for your comments and advice

Yes, it IS a nice camera. But today I had to go through all my gear to find a
mis-placed lens, and truth to tell I have so many film bodies - mostly
Olympus - that even though I dream I would shoot B&W film with that Kiev,
in all probability I would not.  I *did* find the lens. :-)

BTW, it is a *Contax* clone, not a Zeiss Ikon.

I already have a Contaflex, with I used for a couple of decades. Yes, I know
it is not the same. it still works, with the Tessar 45/2.8

Boris is right; for me at the moment, it has to be regarded as a nice toy. If
the price drops by 1/3 I might bite.
Re the auction price, to get US dollar equivalent, make it  80%  of the NZ
dollar.

Thanks again.

Brian Swale