Re: [OM] OT website issues

Subject: Re: [OM] OT website issues
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 23:01:27 -0500
I think you're probably attributing differences in display
characteristics between IE and Firefox to the OS rather than to the
browsers themselves.  Microsoft has many proprietary extensions to web
standards implemented within IE that are not implemented within other
browsers simply because they are Microsoft proprietary and not web
standards.  Many web developers do not understand (or perhaps care) when
they are using proprietary stuff that will only work in IE.

It's not at all clear to me why you apparently had so many problems with
Win7 or Linux.  Both are very stable operating systems.  Possibly your
particular Linux distribution but that also strikes me as unlikely.

Chuck Norcutt