Re: [OM] E-M5 and OM 50/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 and OM 50/1.2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:42:19 -0500
My only problem with it is that I haven't spent enough time with it and
the manual to know how everything works.  For example, I don't know how
to get magnified focus but have encountered it and other things
accidentally and not known how I've arrived there.  It hadn't been
important enough to look it up yet but I think it is now.

I should have known without trying it that the EVF would change screen
brightness as I reduced the aperture in order to keep giving me a
WYSIWYG display of exposure since the old Minolta A1 does the same.  I
was a bit startled when I realized that I could both see to focus and
see DoF using manual focus/manual diaphgram lenses.  It makes me wish I
had my OM lens arsenal here to play with but all but 2 of them (50/1.4,
24/2.8) are home.  The 5D doesn't make me wish for that in the least.

Chuck Norcutt