[OM] OT: X100

Subject: [OM] OT: X100
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:16:05 +0000
I've been using this rather nice little camera for a couple of months now.  I't
a bit of a challenge, given that it has no IS and so I have to remember to
adjust the aperture to get sufficient shutter speed, and I have had some flawed
shots with camera shake.  But it is great for parties:

<http://images.threeshoes.biz/gallery/27301110_shbBGx#!i=2375936556&k=gJbZBbG&lb=1&s=A>

And people:

<http://images.threeshoes.biz/gallery/27301110_shbBGx#!i=2381956619&k=sr2b53p&lb=1&s=A>

I'm tempted to get the newer version, but I can use the RAW files in Apple's
Aperture with the current version, whereas there seems to be a problem
converting RAW files from the newer X cameras (what do you do, Ian?).

The camera also gets many comments from other people, old or young, for its
looks. At the moment I'm using it for a picture a day, so I'm expecting to
learn to use it more effectively during the year.

Chris