Re: [OM] IMG: Chickens!

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Chickens!
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 09:15:29 -0500
One family that I stayed with had put the legs of the bed into lids
containing kerosene.  I asked why and was told it was to keep rats and
cockroaches from climbing into the bed at night.  That's when I started
sleeping in a hammock instead of a sleeping bag on the floor!  On a trip to
the Mosquito Coast, one nurse hung her hammock in the wrong place and woke
up the next morning absolutely covered in little black specks - cockroach
poop from the cockroaches running across the beam over her hammock.  She
ran for the river and jumped in in her pj's.

Tina

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> They keep down the crawling insects! Cats take care of rats and mice. Dogs
> take care of Snakes and rats and strangers. Very sensible.
> Oh, and in some cases and places, pigs take care of 'sanitation' - but
> that's not so sensible.
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.soultheft.com
> Author/Publisher: The SLR Compendium - http://www.blurb.com/books/3732813
>

> On 24/02/2013, at 9:53 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
>
> > "Yeah, there's chickens in my bedroom.  So?"
>
> --

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com