Re: [OM] Dragger Fleet dragging ass

Subject: Re: [OM] Dragger Fleet dragging ass
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:52:15 -0500
I recall reading somewhere about the D800, and it may have been Hogan's review,
that the camera has a pretty astounding capacity to maintain detail in the
shadow areas, which traditionally contain very little detail. I haven't done
any lab bench testing on this camera, and I'm not likely to, but I'll keep
pushing it in the "just taking pictures" department. One thing I have noticed
is that noise is not nearly the issue you'd think from a 36 megapixel camera.
As a rule, LR4/ACR's noise reduction slider is all you need. Every now and then
I use a third-party program, but I don't think I've used it with the D800 yet.

--Bob