[OM] Aircraft Shoot

Subject: [OM] Aircraft Shoot
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 10:11:17 -0500
Well, the much anticipated aircraft shoot took place yesterday, Wednesday, in
Portland. Weather was such we kept both aircraft, a Citation and a Cessna 340A
in their hangar.

I am not built for aircraft photography. I could have used about six inches
less height and about a hundred fewer pounds. It was right quarters. With my
gear, no way to light the interiors like I wanted to, but I had one of the
pilot's web-site ladies hold the flash with Flashbender attached outside the
necessary windows and then faked it. I think I got some acceptable shots.

More planned later, outside in warmer weather, and what I'm really waiting for,
some in-air stuff where I've got ideas for pilot pictures with really neat
stuff out the window. I think I'm going to need something more diffuse than a
Flashbender to fill the cockpit and balance outdoor light for that, though. Oh,
well, we won't be doing any of that until stuff starts to turn green, and I may
not live that long this year.

Mark the pilot took a shot of me at the conclusion of the shoot.

By the way, the hangar was extremely well lit. Much better than I would have
thought. Only problem was, it was so well lit there wasn't any light fall-off.

--Bob