[OM] Spring Somewhere [was From our yard]

Subject: [OM] Spring Somewhere [was From our yard]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:22:39 -0500 (EST)
Deep  and Spring Moose writes:

>>So do I, and there's the conundrum. Shoot 4/3 format @ f11, and lose
some
>>ultimate resolution to diffraction, shoot
>>wider, and pick a plane of focus - or, shoot @f11 and use
deconvolution to
>>recover some/most of the resolution.

No spring here---3-12" more snow this weekend after over 2 feet last
week--UGH.

Especially like the twin fuchsia  and the 'dil. The whole gallery is
expanding with nice shots.  Seems you usually used the 43mm macro
setting of the 12-50
on the EPL-2 for some reason.  Wonder how your nice Kiron would compare.

Not sure deconvolution can do as much with diffraction softening as
diffraction results in hard cutoffs of frequencies--almost akin to
convoluting
with a circular PSF.  Diffraction partially attenuates the lower
frequencies instead of having no effect below the diffraction
limit--that should be recoverable to some degree though likely less
effective than deconvolution for other aberrations.  DLO in Canyon's
DPP does attempt deconvolution for diffraction effects.  Haven't
experimented enough to determine how effective it is.
There is another solution the conundrum of course--Focus Stacking---You
haven't seemed to taking a liking to that though I would bet your
stacks would be super.

Stack 'em Mike