Re: [OM] A little alt.fun

Subject: Re: [OM] A little alt.fun
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 22:06:38 -0800
On 2/19/2013 9:09 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 2/19/2013 10:43:09 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> olymoose@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> _http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=2654_
>
> Okie dokie, Pinhead Moose.  Welcome to the club.

I've dabbled before, with film in a Diana and this same pinhole on a 5D. The
Diana proved a bit complex for my interest
at the time, pinhole alone, with lens, lens alone. i got some interesting
results, but have not got back to it yet.

I wasn't pleased with what a couple of experiments with the 5D did. But I
already had the pinhole, so tried it on the
4/3 sensor. A distance shot of landscape was just fuzzy, but not interestingly
so, while I like the orchids.

> I've recently  been doing a bit more pinhole than usual with an 8X10 camera I
> built last  fall.

I've come to the not too tentative conclusion that pinhole gives generally more
pleasing results in larger formats. I
think the longer "focal" distance gives lets the "aberrant" rays both spread
farther and have a subtler effect.

> The angle of view is about the same as a 28mm lens on an OM.   So I've been

Well, that got complicated. ;-)

> The live view should make your ventures into the pinhole realm interesting.

I was not expecting it to be useful, but it really is. May encourage me.

>   Remember World Wide Pinhole Photography day the end  of April.
> _http://www.pinholeday.org/_ (http://www.pinholeday.org/)

Thanks for the reminder. I've meant to do that before, but lacked a round tuit.
Always problematic, as the next day is
Carol's birthday and we are usually on the road. This year is even more
complicated, as we have a friend visiting from
Maine. (No, not Bob* - yet.) But now it's on my calendar. :-)

High F. No. Moose

* You wouldn't be the first, Bob. If my count isn't off, we've had visits from
seven Mainer's. No harm has come to any,
so far. :-)