Re: [OM] 2nd Annual Florida Zuikofest - Feb 14, 2013

Subject: Re: [OM] 2nd Annual Florida Zuikofest - Feb 14, 2013
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 08:18:29 -0500
I forgot to answer this part.  Yes, Dean has a Lepp bracket and that's
what we were using.  The Lepp bracket proved to be very difficult to use
if you want to reposition those T-32s as they're really too heavy for
the clamps.  When he uses it with his OM-4T I think the flashes are
always in the same position and he can count on the TTL to make any
compensation for exposure.  He uses pieces of fine sandpaper inside the
clamps to help grip the support rods holding the heavy T-32s.  That
works OK if the flashes aren't moved but fiddling with the sandpaper on
the clamps while the flashes are trying to drag everything down proved
very difficult.  When he's home I think he has everything mounted on a
homemade copy stand built from a big enlarger and with the post bolted
to the wall.  His homemade bracket for the cross-polarizers is rather
neatly done.

Chuck Norcutt